I’m meant to be editing a paper for an academic journal. For no good reason, I’ve been putting off starting the edits (even though they’re actually pretty easy ones). So far my list of procrastination tactics have included:
1. Building large imaginary shopping carts of stuff I’ll buy online once the US dollar drops again.
2. Redecorating my wardrobe, complete with Ikea trip.
3. Cleaning most of the house in a fit of unprecedented attention to vacuuming.
4. Cleaning the car. (Seriously, it’s that bad)
5. Levelling up a thief character in Skyrim. Looting people’s houses and then parading out while wearing all their stuff that you’ve just nicked is so satisfying.
6. Writing Pokémon fanfiction.
7. Writing and rewriting this blog post.
8. Consuming more Nespresso coffee than is probably safe.
I’m officially a bad person. My sincerest apologies, poor little neglected translation theory paper. I’ll get to you soon!